Email Data Security
How we keep your data secure and backed up
The Email data center employs multiple security layers:
- Level 1: A proximity card and PIN is required just to enter the building
- Level 2: Proximity card access and fingerprint scan is required to enter the data center
- Level 3: Locked cages and cabinets secure all of the hardware
- Level 4: Video surveillance cameras are monitored constantly
- Level 5: Vibration detection devices detect any motion
Again, we have implemented precautions in several layers. All sensitive data is stored on servers behind a constantly maintained firewall. There is security built into the operating system preventing outside access. All major security patches are tested and applied within 2 weeks of release. Beyond that, the databases themselves are secured by additional access restrictions, and more sensitive data is also encrypted within the database as an added precaution.
We also use SSL for passing any credit card information to our server so that it cannot be intercepted in transit. Our security systems have been audited by Internet commerce security experts.
Your data is constantly mirrored to a redundant backup server. That means that in the event of any significant failure we can instantly switch to this live backup without any data loss. All our hardware is also fully redundant so even if a disk suddenly dies, nothing will go down and no data will be lost. Further to these measures, all your data is backed up to an off-site location every night so that in the event of a system-wide disaster, we can perform a full backup recovery.
Rest assured, we go to great lengths to keep your data safe and secure.