Mobile marketing has been growing in popularity and effectiveness. Gartner predicts that within two years the number of people using smartphones will pass the number of people using desktop computers.
If you’re not already dabbling in mobile marketing, now’s the time to begin thinking big, starting small, and moving quickly.
Mobile Web Sites & Landing Pages
If you’re embarking on a mobile marketing campaign (and you should be!) you’re going to eventually going to want to drive traffic to a landing page. And if it’s a mobile campaign it ought to be a mobile Web site. Greg Jordan Design can design and implement a state-of-the-art mobile Web site and/or landing page. You’ll feel confident sending your mobile prospects and customers to an easy-to-read page that stands out from your competition.
SMS Text Messaging – Short code marketingdata from comScore it’s the number one thing we do with our cell phone, besides talk on it. Text messaging represents an effective way to reach customers, especially if you’ve got a direct response campaign with a clear call to action.
Americans sent 1.81 trillion text messages in 2010. And according to a recent mobile industry whitepaper from Smaato, in 2011 the U.S. will spend $1.24 billion on mobile advertising, growing to $5.04 billion by 2015. The U.S. is currently second to Japan, the leader in mobile marketing. Yes, mobile marketing should definitely be part of your mix!
Short code marketing helps to drive sales
- Mobile couponing - Send customers instant coupons they can instantly redeem as part of a promotion. Text coupons can instantly increase sales because everyone carries a cell phone and text messages are almost always opened.
- Advertise different services - Encourage different types of customers to opt in to different types of offers. Depending on where your prospect is in the purchasing cycle, you can text with the right message at the right time.
- Collect information from customers - Ask your customers to text a specific short code if they want to know when there is an upcoming event or more information on a specific service or product. Your marketing becomes more targeted.
- Text alerts – Publish information (160 characters or less) that customers can opt in for.
Other text messaging services
- Text clubs - Invite customers to opt in and receive exclusive offers.
- Text message alerts - Send customers personalized messages (renewal due, time for an appointment, etc.)
- Text contests - Fun ways to engage your prospects and customers.
- Text voting – Spice up your next conference by asking the audience to respond via text (they’re busy looking at their iPhones anyway).
Contact us today for more information!