Your customers and prospects are looking for you at different times and for different reasons. So it’s important to be there when they’re looking for you!
Search Engine Marketing (SEM) has become a critical element of a comprehensive online marketing program. Use paid search (pay per click) to ensure your company’s message shows up when select keywords are typed in a search engine, like Google and Bing. Paid search results appear on the top and sides of search engine results pages.
- The position of your paid search results is mainly function of how much you are willing to pay for a keyword, the quality of the text ad that has been written and the relevancy of the landing page (what the searcher will see if they click on your ad).
- Paid search is both a short and long-run tactic. Results can be realized on day one.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is also crucial. Eight out of ten clicks are on so-called “organic” or natural search results – the search results listings that appear below the sponsored/paid results on the top.
- Organic search results are seen below the paid results. You don’t have to pay to get results to appear in the organic listing. But the likelihood of your listing appearing here is based on a variety of things you can control.
- SEO is a long-run tactic because results are typically not realized for months. Also, they are where 80% of the clicks are happening. And you’re not paying anything extra when a searcher clicks on the result.
Ultimately, we want most of our search results to be seen and clicked on in the organic search results area. But there’s a synergistic effect to having both the paid and organic listings appearing simultaneously. Also, paid search helps us harvest new keywords and helps us know where to concentrate SEO efforts.
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Services include campaign set up and monitoring. Account management includes campaign optimization, identifying new keyword opportunities, regular refresh on ad copy.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Services include development of a roadmap and plan for making changes that will help with SEO.