Do you want a fast and easy way to print your products? While printing them in the traditional way is a great idea, it can be tedious to handle large orders. It also causes a load of problems: not only can it result in a risk of net loss, but it can also pose environmental dangers as well.
Print-on-demand (POD) takes most of those worries out, as the service builds products once they’re sold by customers. It’s this reason why more businesses are flocking to POD – it’s low-risk in most aspects! There are many POD providers out there that offer users plenty of business solutions, and Printify is one of the most popular and trusted options.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Cassiy Johnson‘s YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Printify.
Printify: What is it? How To Set Up Printify With Etsy
Printify allows businesses to create unique, custom-made designs for a variety of products. With Printify, you don’t get to do all of the work by yourself, because they’ll do the rest on your behalf. It comes with a lot of printing and shipping tools to meet the demands of an e-commerce marketplace.
Printify lets users choose between a vast array of clothing and wearable merchandise, such as shirts, hoodies, leggings, bags, hats, accessories such as necklaces and bracelets, and even shoes. Apart from those, the platform also offers non-clothing merch like phone cases, paper stationery, greeting cards, posters, utensils, and mugs!
How Does It Work?
Printify makes it easy to print. And all it takes is just a few steps to get everything done! Let’s take a look at how Printify prepares, prints and delivers your products when you need them.
- Choose which type of products you’d like to sell. In this case, you want to sell a set of mugs, phone cases, posters, and tote bags. Choose that from a long list of Printify’s product options.
- You can create or import a design and then place it on the product you choose. The design editor at Printify is simple. The design editor gives you a blank canvas which you can then customize with text, shapes, and other tools. Pre-made designs can be imported from Photoshop, etc. into the editor, and adjust where they should be placed with Printify’s built-in mockup generator.
- Choose a partner provider to print your product. After you are satisfied with the design, you will be directed to a list that includes Printify’s suppliers. Most of them will also provide you with sample products to check the quality before going on sale.
- Your product can be added to your online shop. After that, you can add your products to your online shop. This can be done through a Shopify-powered website or via online selling platforms such as Etsy.
- Sell your products, and Printify will do the rest. Printify will take care of all fulfillment matters, such as billing, manufacturer requests, and shipping.
Printify has how many products?
Printify lets users choose between over 300 products. Let’s take a look at each product category that Printify offers, one by one.
Included in this category are formal attire such as button-ups, polo shirts, skirts, and dresses; casual outfits like hoodies, sweatshirts, sweatpants, and jackets; activewear in the form of cycling shorts, leggings, and windbreakers; and swimwear such as swim trunks, swim caps, swimsuits, rashguards, and bikini sets. This category also includes socks and hats.
This type may be considered part of the clothing category, but it’s so widely popular and diverse that Printify decided to create a separate category fully dedicated to t-shirts. They come in different designs, colors, lengths, and silhouettes. They include v-necks and crewnecks as well as boxy fits and slim fittings.
It’s fascinating to choose between different types of T-shirts and clothing, as each one has certain parts that can be printed. One raglan crop top, for example, is allowed to have only the front and back parts printed, while a polo shirt, on the other hand, can have either side of the sleeves printed. You can also order printed all over clothing. How To Set Up Printify With Etsy
Accessories of different kinds have been made to enhance and upgrade someone’s outfit. Bags, from tote bags to backpacks, phone cases, ties, and scarves are considered accessories by Printify.
Apart from wearable accessories, jewelry is also provided by Printify. Printify offers jewelry in the form necklaces, bracelets and anklets as well as rings and earrings.
Shoes and footwear
Printify offers custom footwear, in addition to the usual clothes and accessories. Printify allows you to design your own footwear. These shoes include sneakers, flip-flops and sandals as well as clogs.
Do you wish to have your designs adorn the walls, floors, and furniture of your customer’s home? Printify allows you to do so with a wide array of home decor products. These can be in the form of pillowcases and cushions, home and shower curtains, mats, towels, blankets, and even mugs either for function or decoration. Wall art such as canvas portraits and posters are also included.
Apart from home decor, different kinds of stationery are also included in Printify’s product lineup. Printify offers a variety of products that allow you to print your designs on paper, pencils, memo pads and sticky notes.
Who provides the printing and shipping?
Printify is a single-source solution for all of your product and printing needs. However, it can’t handle everything. Printify has been outsourcing its printing needs with over 90 reliable suppliers from the United States. There are also partners from Australia, Europe and China. Printify allows you to view the location of your partner supplier. Printify will allow you to view the type of products they offer and any other specifications.
Printify, along with its partners, has partnered internationally with some of the most reputable shipping companies. Customers can also choose from regular or express shipping via the POD service. Express shipping is available only in the US, and can take up to three days. Regular shipping, which is available anywhere outside the US, takes approximately 7-10 days.
Printify can integrate with most E-Commerce platforms
Printify allows seamless integration and sync with the following ecommerce platforms:
- Online marketplaces such as eBay and Etsy
- E-Commerce providers such as Shopify, WooCommerce, PrestaShop, and BigCommerce
- Website builders such as Wix and Squarespace
Like the product-building process, Printify has simplified integration with its affiliates for those who may find it difficult. Simply click the “Connect” button on any partner’s dashboard. Another is to make use of the WordPress plug-in for some third-party apps. Printify allows you to customize your preferred e-commerce app with its easy API tool.
What is the cost?
Three subscription options are available at Printifiy. Each of these offers varying business-related needs for any seller. The first tier is completely free, the second two require monthly payments. Let’s begin with Printify’s free plan. How To Set Up Printify With Etsy
The Free plan costs zero dollars and is ideal for anyone who just started out in POD. Unlimited product designs are available and can be connected to up to five storefronts. You also have access to essential features like manual order creation and mockup generator. 24/7 merchant support and a self-help center are provided to guide you if there are any problems.
Although the features are not free, it is important to remember that even if you choose the Free tier, payment will still be made for materials and other items when your products go on sale. However, there’s no need to worry about any additional, hidden fees.
For growing businesses, the Free plan may not be enough to sustain your growing matters. Printify recommends the Premium plan, which will cost you the monthly fee of $29, or $24.99/month if billed annually. Printify Premium allows you to connect up to 10 stores and import custom orders. You can also get up to 20% discount on all products. On top of that, you’ll still get all the features found in the Free plan.
Your business is considered successful if your orders exceed 10,000. Printify Enterprise plans are also available to you, which can be customized to suit your needs. Printify Enterprise users get the upper hand with unlimited store connections, on top of all the combined features from the Starter and Premium tiers. Additional benefits include custom API integration, dedicated account managers, tailored customer support, and early access to new features.
Printify: What are the pros and cons?
- It is faster and simpler to use than other POD platforms.
- Its simple yet powerful design editor allows users to create better-looking products.
- The prices are reasonable enough for a POD service. Not only do you get good quality products, but you also save money at the same time.
- Excellent customer service. The help center has lots of resources and is well-stocked.
- Connections with partner e-commerce platforms and 3rd-party services are a breeze with Printify’s one-click integrations, plug-ins, and API.
- There have been criticisms about Printify’s lack of support with some files, especially Adobe’s .ai (Illustrator) files.
- The overall product quality may vary. While some providers might produce top-quality products, others may make inferior items that are not as attractive.
- Despite having high-quality characteristics, customer service might not be very fast.
- Handling returns and refunds are risky and quite difficult.
- If you want to pay and be paid for more than what your products are worth, Printify may not be ideal since there’s a risk of low-profit margins. How To Set Up Printify With Etsy
Is Printify the Right One for You?
When it comes to delivering an overall solid manufacturing service with a wide range of benefits for both you and your customer, then Printify is the place to be. It offers all the products and services that any business could ask for. Its features, including the design editor and integrations with several e-commerce apps are flexible, reliable, easy-to-use, and most importantly, user-friendly.
We recommend you use Printify as part of your business strategy if you want a POD platform that can give you a superior user experience and good-quality products and prints for a reasonable price! However, if you’re not convinced enough that it’s a good addition to your strategy, you may want to consider Printful, Sellfy, and Print Aura as alternatives that offer similar quality and performance.
FAQ How To Set Up Printify With Etsy
Is Printify compatible with Amazon?
Printify works with Amazon as well as third-party services, even though they may not be listed in its affiliate e-commerce service list. However, to make it work, you would need to utilize the Printify API tool.
How does Printify’s payment process work?
Your customer purchases a Printify-made item from your store. You will be paid the retail price of the item and the shipping fees. Printify will then import the order and send it to Printify. Printify will charge you with the same payment via a linked card.
Printify is used by which companies and platforms?
According to BuiltWith.com, some of the companies which have used Printify for their online store needs include The Ellen Show, Modern Farmer, Meowingtons Inc., and Mutts, among others.