Are you looking for a quick and convenient way to print your products without all the hassle? Printing them the old way may be a good thing, but having to deal with bulk orders can be tiresome. It also causes a load of problems: not only can it result in a risk of net loss, but it can also pose environmental dangers as well.
Print-on-demand (POD) takes most of those worries out, as the service builds products once they’re sold by customers. It’s this reason why more businesses are flocking to POD – it’s low-risk in most aspects! There are many POD providers out there that offer users plenty of business solutions, and Printify is one of the most popular and trusted options.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Cassiy Johnson‘s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Printify, you may still want to check out our article below.
Printify: What is it? Is Printify Owned By Shopify
Printify allows businesses to create unique, custom-made designs for a variety of products. With Printify, you don’t get to do all of the work by yourself, because they’ll do the rest on your behalf. It’s packed with lots of printing, shipping, and other handy production tools that meet the needs of a competitive e-commerce market.
Printify lets users choose between a vast array of clothing and wearable merchandise, such as shirts, hoodies, leggings, bags, hats, accessories such as necklaces and bracelets, and even shoes. Apart from those, the platform also offers non-clothing merch like phone cases, paper stationery, greeting cards, posters, utensils, and mugs!
How Does It Work?
The entire printing process is made simple with the help of Printify. Printify is easy to use and only takes a few steps. Let’s walk through how Printify prepares and prints your products whenever you need them:
- Choose which type of products you’d like to sell. In this case, you want to sell a set of mugs, phone cases, posters, and tote bags. Printify offers many product options.
- Create or import a design, and place it onto the product of your choice. The design editor at Printify is simple. The design editor gives you a blank canvas which you can then customize with text, shapes, and other tools. Pre-made designs can be imported from Photoshop, etc. Printify’s built in mockup generator allows you to place your designs into the editor.
- Pick a partner provider where you want to have them print your product. Once you’re happy with the final design, you will be redirected to choose from a list of Printify’s suppliers. Many suppliers will provide samples to help you check the quality of your products before they go on sale.
- Add your product to your storefront. After that, you can add your products to your online shop. This can be done through a Shopify-powered website or via online selling platforms such as Etsy.
- Printify will help you sell your products. Printify will take care of all fulfillment matters, such as billing, manufacturer requests, and shipping.
How Many Products Does Printify Have?
Printify lets users choose between over 300 products. Let’s take a look at each product category that Printify offers, one by one.
Included in this category are formal attire such as button-ups, polo shirts, skirts, and dresses; casual outfits like hoodies, sweatshirts, sweatpants, and jackets; activewear in the form of cycling shorts, leggings, and windbreakers; and swimwear such as swim trunks, swim caps, swimsuits, rashguards, and bikini sets. Hats and socks are also part of this category.
This type may be considered part of the clothing category, but it’s so widely popular and diverse that Printify decided to create a separate category fully dedicated to t-shirts. They come in different designs, colors, lengths, and silhouettes. These include v-necks, boat necks, crewnecks, boxy fits, slim fits, trimmed fits, tank tops, crop tops, sleeveless tops, long-sleeves, raglan, short sleeves, and many more.
It’s fascinating to choose between different types of T-shirts and clothing, as each one has certain parts that can be printed. One raglan crop top, for example, is allowed to have only the front and back parts printed, while a polo shirt, on the other hand, can have either side of the sleeves printed. You can also order printed all over clothing. Is Printify Owned By Shopify
Accessories of different kinds have been made to enhance and upgrade someone’s outfit. Printify considers accessories bags, including totes, backpacks, phones cases, ties and scarves.
Apart from wearable accessories, jewelry is also provided by Printify. These can be in the form of necklaces, bracelets, anklets, rings, or earrings.
Shoes and Footwear
Printify offers custom footwear, in addition to the usual clothes and accessories. This means you could get to choose to print your designs onto any of the following types of footwear. These include canvas shoes, sneakers, flip-flops, sandals, clogs, high heels, rain boots, platform shoes, and more.
Do you wish to have your designs adorn the walls, floors, and furniture of your customer’s home? Printify allows you to do so with a wide array of home decor products. These products can include pillowcases and cushions as well as mats, towels and blankets for decoration or home. Wall art such as canvas portraits and posters are also included.
Printify also offers a variety of stationery, including home decor. Printify offers a variety of products that allow you to print your designs on paper, pencils, memo pads and sticky notes.
Who provides the printing and shipping?
Printify is a single-source solution for all of your product and printing needs. However, it can’t handle everything. The platform has been outsourcing with the help of over 90 trusted print manufacturing suppliers from the United States, and even beyond with a few partners from the UK, Australia, Europe, and China. With Printify, you do not only get to check the partner supplier’s location. You’ll also be able to see which types of products and other specifications they can provide.
In terms of shipping, Printify has partnered with the world’s top delivery companies, alongside its partner providers. In addition, the POD service offers shipping options where customers can choose between the two: express shipping and regular shipping. Express shipping is available only in the US, and can take up to three days. Regular shipping, which is available anywhere outside the US, takes approximately 7-10 days.
Can Printify Integrate With Most E-Commerce Platforms?
Printify offers seamless integration and syncing with the following e-commerce application platforms:
- Online marketplaces such as eBay and Etsy
- E-Commerce providers such as Shopify, WooCommerce, PrestaShop, and BigCommerce
- Squarespace and Wix are two examples of website builders.
Like the product-building process, Printify has simplified integration with its affiliates for those who may find it difficult. One way is to simply press the ‘Connect’ button for any of its partners on the platform’s dashboard. Another is to make use of the WordPress plug-in for some third-party apps. If you can’t find your favorite e-commerce app among the affiliate list, Printify lets you customize it with its convenient API tool.
How Much Does It Cost?
Three subscription options are available at Printifiy. Each subscription option has a different business requirement for each seller. One of them is a completely free tier, while the other two require monthly payments. Let’s begin with Printify’s free plan. Is Printify Owned By Shopify
No Cost Plan
Costing only zero dollars, the Free plan is perfect for those who are just starting and also for those who are new to POD. Unlimited product designs are available and can be connected to up to five storefronts. They also get essential features such as manual order creation, mockup generator, and seamless integration with Shopify, Etsy, and eBay. To assist you in any way possible, a self-help centre and 24/7 merchant support are available.
Although the features are not free, it is important to remember that even if you choose the Free tier, payment will still be made for materials and other items when your products go on sale. However, there’s no need to worry about any additional, hidden fees.
The Free plan is not sufficient to support growing businesses. Printify recommends the Premium plan, which will cost you the monthly fee of $29, or $24.99/month if billed annually. Printify Premium allows you to connect up to 10 stores and import custom orders. You can also get up to 20% discount on all products. On top of that, you’ll still get all the features found in the Free plan.
Your business is considered successful if your orders exceed 10,000. Printify Enterprise plans are also available to you, which can be customized to suit your needs. Printify Enterprise users get the upper hand with unlimited store connections, on top of all the combined features from the Starter and Premium tiers. Additional benefits include custom API integration, dedicated account managers, tailored customer support, and early access to new features.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Using Printify?
- It’s faster and easier to use in comparison to other POD platforms.
- Its simple yet powerful design editor allows users to create better-looking products.
- For a POD service, the prices are affordable enough. Not only do you get good quality products, but you also save money at the same time.
- Excellent customer service. The help center has lots of resources and is well-stocked.
- Connections with partner e-commerce platforms and 3rd-party services are a breeze with Printify’s one-click integrations, plug-ins, and API.
- There have been criticisms about Printify’s lack of support with some files, especially Adobe’s .ai (Illustrator) files.
- The overall product quality may vary. Some providers may manufacture top-notch items, while others may come off as ugly and not as good-looking.
- Despite having high-quality characteristics, customer service might not be very fast.
- Handling returns and refunds are risky and quite difficult.
- Printify is not the best option if you are looking to get paid more for your products than they are worth. Is Printify Owned By Shopify
Is Printify the Right One for You?
Printify is the best place to go if you want to provide a solid manufacturing service that offers a variety of benefits to both your customer and yourself. It offers all the products and services that any business could ask for. Its features, including the design editor and integrations with several e-commerce apps are flexible, reliable, easy-to-use, and most importantly, user-friendly.
If you are looking for a POD platform that offers a great user experience, high-quality products, and affordable prices, we recommend Printify. However, if you’re not convinced enough that it’s a good addition to your strategy, you may want to consider Printful, Sellfy, and Print Aura as alternatives that offer similar quality and performance.
FAQ Is Printify Owned By Shopify
Is Printify compatible with Amazon?
Printify does work with Amazon, as well as other third-party services that may not be part of its list of affiliate e-commerce services. To make it work you will need to use the Printify API tool.
How does Printify’s payment process work?
The customer buys a Printify-made product from your store, and upon purchase, you will receive the payment consisting of the item’s retail price and the shipping fee. Printify will then import the order and send it to Printify. Printify will charge you with the same payment via a linked card.
Printify is used by which companies and platforms?
According to BuiltWith.com, some of the companies which have used Printify for their online store needs include The Ellen Show, Modern Farmer, Meowingtons Inc., and Mutts, among others.