Are you looking for a quick and convenient way to print your products without all the hassle? Printing them the old way may be a good thing, but having to deal with bulk orders can be tiresome. It also causes a load of problems: not only can it result in a risk of net loss, but it can also pose environmental dangers as well.
Print-on-demand (POD) takes most of those worries out, as the service builds products once they’re sold by customers. It’s this reason why more businesses are flocking to POD – it’s low-risk in most aspects! There are many POD providers out there that offer users plenty of business solutions, and Printify is one of the most popular and trusted options.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Cassiy Johnson‘s YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Printify.
Printify: What is it? Printify Connect Store
Printify allows businesses to create unique, custom-made designs for a variety of products. Printify will take care of all the details for you. It comes with a lot of printing and shipping tools to meet the demands of an e-commerce marketplace.
Printify lets users choose between a vast array of clothing and wearable merchandise, such as shirts, hoodies, leggings, bags, hats, accessories such as necklaces and bracelets, and even shoes. Printify also sells non-clothing merchandise like phone cases, greeting cards and posters, paper stationery, utensils, mugs, and posters.
What is the process?
The entire printing process is made simple with the help of Printify. Printify is easy to use and only takes a few steps. Let’s take a look at how Printify prepares, prints and delivers your products when you need them.
- You can choose which product type you want to sell. In this case, you want to sell a set of mugs, phone cases, posters, and tote bags. Choose that from a long list of Printify’s product options.
- Create or import a design, and place it onto the product of your choice. The design editor at Printify is simple. You’re essentially given a blank canvas that you can customize with many shapes, texts, and other design tools. Pre-made designs can be imported from Photoshop, etc. into the editor, and adjust where they should be placed with Printify’s built-in mockup generator.
- Pick a partner provider where you want to have them print your product. After you are satisfied with the design, you will be directed to a list that includes Printify’s suppliers. Many suppliers will provide samples to help you check the quality of your products before they go on sale.
- Add your product to your storefront. After that, you can add your products to your online shop. It can be in the form of a Shopify-powered site, or through online selling platforms like Etsy.
- Sell your products, and Printify will do the rest. Printify will handle all fulfillment issues, including billing, manufacturer requests and shipping.
How Many Products Does Printify Have?
Printify allows users to choose from over 300 products. Let’s dissect all the product categories that Printify provides, one by one.
Included in this category are formal attire such as button-ups, polo shirts, skirts, and dresses; casual outfits like hoodies, sweatshirts, sweatpants, and jackets; activewear in the form of cycling shorts, leggings, and windbreakers; and swimwear such as swim trunks, swim caps, swimsuits, rashguards, and bikini sets. This category also includes socks and hats.
This type may be considered part of the clothing category, but it’s so widely popular and diverse that Printify decided to create a separate category fully dedicated to t-shirts. There are many styles, colors, lengths and silhouettes available. These include v-necks, boat necks, crewnecks, boxy fits, slim fits, trimmed fits, tank tops, crop tops, sleeveless tops, long-sleeves, raglan, short sleeves, and many more.
What’s interesting about choosing between different types of t-shirts, and clothing in general, is that each of them has specific parts that are allowed to be printed on. A raglan crop top can only have the front and back printed. A polo shirt can have both the sleeves and the back printed. There’s also an option where you can order prints all over an article of clothing! Printify Connect Store
Accessories of different kinds have been made to enhance and upgrade someone’s outfit. Bags, from tote bags to backpacks, phone cases, ties, and scarves are considered accessories by Printify.
Printify also offers jewelry, which can be worn as accessories. Printify offers jewelry in the form necklaces, bracelets and anklets as well as rings and earrings.
Shoes and footwear
Printify offers custom footwear, in addition to the usual clothes and accessories. This means you could get to choose to print your designs onto any of the following types of footwear. These include canvas shoes, sneakers, flip-flops, sandals, clogs, high heels, rain boots, platform shoes, and more.
You would like your designs to be adorned on the floors and furniture of your customers’ homes. Printify allows you to do so with a wide array of home decor products. These can be in the form of pillowcases and cushions, home and shower curtains, mats, towels, blankets, and even mugs either for function or decoration. You can also include wall art like posters and canvas portraits.
Printify also offers a variety of stationery, including home decor. You can have the option to put your designs on pencils, paper, memo pads, sticky notes, pencil cases, and stickers, just to name a few.
Who provides the printing and shipping?
Printify may be a one-stop solution for all your product and printing needs, but it cannot fully handle everything on its own. Printify has been outsourcing its printing needs with over 90 reliable suppliers from the United States. There are also partners from Australia, Europe and China. Printify allows you to view the location of your partner supplier. Printify will allow you to view the type of products they offer and any other specifications.
In terms of shipping, Printify has partnered with the world’s top delivery companies, alongside its partner providers. Customers can also choose from regular or express shipping via the POD service. Express shipping is available only in the US, and can take up to three days. Regular shipping, which is available anywhere outside the US, takes approximately 7-10 days.
Printify can integrate with most E-Commerce platforms
Printify allows seamless integration and sync with the following ecommerce platforms:
- Online marketplaces like Etsy and eBay
- E-Commerce providers such as Shopify, WooCommerce, PrestaShop, and BigCommerce
- Website builders such as Wix and Squarespace
Printify simplifies integration with affiliates, much like the product-building process. One way is to simply press the ‘Connect’ button for any of its partners on the platform’s dashboard. Another option is to use the WordPress plug-in to integrate third-party apps. Printify allows you to customize your preferred e-commerce app with its easy API tool.
What is the cost?
Three subscription options are available at Printifiy. Each of these offers varying business-related needs for any seller. The first tier is completely free, the second two require monthly payments. Let’s begin with Printify’s free plan. Printify Connect Store
No Cost Plan
The Free plan costs zero dollars and is ideal for anyone who just started out in POD. Unlimited product designs are available and can be connected to up to five storefronts. You also have access to essential features like manual order creation and mockup generator. 24/7 merchant support and a self-help center are provided to guide you if there are any problems.
While the features are free in a sense, it’s important to consider that if you get the Free tier, you will still provide payment for the materials and items that you need when your products are being sold. However, there’s no need to worry about any additional, hidden fees.
The Free plan is not sufficient to support growing businesses. Printify recommends the Premium plan, which will cost you the monthly fee of $29, or $24.99/month if billed annually. With Printify Premium, you can connect with up to 10 stores, import custom orders, and get up to 20% off on all products. You’ll still have all the features of the Free plan.
If your orders have reached 10,000 and more, that’s how you know your business has made it big. Printify Enterprise plans are also available to you, which can be customized to suit your needs. Printify Enterprise users have unlimited store connections in addition to all the features of the Premium and Starter tiers. Additional benefits include custom API integration, dedicated account managers, tailored customer support, and early access to new features.
Printify: What are the pros and cons?
- It is faster and simpler to use than other POD platforms.
- Its simple yet powerful design editor allows users to create better-looking products.
- The prices are reasonable enough for a POD service. You not only get high-quality products but also save money.
- The customer service is excellent, plus the help center is packed with lots of resources ready for you.
- Printify’s plug-ins and API make it easy to connect with third-party services and partner e-commerce platforms.
- Printify has been criticised for not supporting certain files, particularly Adobe’s.ai (Illustrator).
- There may be variations in the overall product quality. Some providers may manufacture top-notch items, while others may come off as ugly and not as good-looking.
- Customer service may not be too fast, despite having high-quality traits.
- Handling returns and refunds are risky and quite difficult.
- Printify is not the best option if you are looking to get paid more for your products than they are worth. Printify Connect Store
Is Printify the Right One for You?
When it comes to delivering an overall solid manufacturing service with a wide range of benefits for both you and your customer, then Printify is the place to be. It offers all the products and services that any business could ask for. Its features, including the design editor and integrations with several e-commerce apps are flexible, reliable, easy-to-use, and most importantly, user-friendly.
If you are looking for a POD platform that offers a great user experience, high-quality products, and affordable prices, we recommend Printify. However, if you’re not convinced enough that it’s a good addition to your strategy, you may want to consider Printful, Sellfy, and Print Aura as alternatives that offer similar quality and performance.
FAQ Printify Connect Store
Is Printify compatible with Amazon?
Printify works with Amazon as well as third-party services, even though they may not be listed in its affiliate e-commerce service list. To make it work you will need to use the Printify API tool.
How does Printify’s payment process work?
The customer buys a Printify-made product from your store, and upon purchase, you will receive the payment consisting of the item’s retail price and the shipping fee. The purchase order is then imported and sent to Printify, where you will be charged with the same payment via a linked credit card.
Printify is used by which companies and platforms?
According to BuiltWith.com, some of the companies which have used Printify for their online store needs include The Ellen Show, Modern Farmer, Meowingtons Inc., and Mutts, among others.